Google pixel was one of the best flagship smartphone by google released in 2016. Stock android, fast updates to android, great performance, great battery life and possibly the best camera in any smartphone even still right now. Now the rumors are swirling for google pixel 2.
Software experience in google pixel is already great but hardware part is somewhere lacking behind it’s competitors like Samsung galaxy S8, LG G6 and iPhone 7.
Android Police has a great track record as far as android leaks and smartphones that goes over the past couple of years. As mentioned, Android Police has a great track record (it nailed the original Pixel design) and says the renders are “based on information from sources we deem extremely reliable” while stressing “we are exceptionally confident”.
The original Pixel and Pixel XL are both great devices and are the first handsets designed inside and out by Google. Manufactured by HTC, the two high-end smartphones feature terrific cameras, great build quality, and stock Android software that’s extremely popular among a lot of users.
Starting with the frame, we have already heard rumors that you would be able to squeeze the sides to control aspects of the phone, a bit like you can on the HTC U11, and now “a source familiar with the matter” speaking to XDA-Developers has revealed that one of the things you’ll be ableto do is squeeze to launch Google Assistant, whether the screen is on or off.
We’d heard that this would be a 5.99 or 6.0-inch OLED one supplied by LG, and this source agrees with that, but adds that it would have an always-on feature, so you can see key information like notifications and the time even when the screen is otherwise off.
Here’s a breakdown of the key points
- Minimal and thin bezels at top and bottom
- A massive 6-inch 2K OLED display
- Just like in LG G6 the display’s aspect ratio ranging from 16:9 to 18:9
- Display has more curved 3D glass, but not edge panels
- Widened top speaker grill (possibly for use as a second external speaker)
- Significantly enlarged single rear camera
- Reduced glass back panel
- Lower placed fingerprint reader (now in aluminium chassis)
- Rear antenna band removed
- “Squeezable frame” which can be assigned to a shortcut (like HTC U11)